Wednesday 22 January 2014

Plessey Woods

It's Interim week this week at uni so I am trying to use my time wisely! Yesterday I had a trip out to Plessey Woods, a country park in Northumberland to gather some primary research. It was sooo muddy! And it got dark quite quick ; this ended with me slipping EVERYWHERE! So I am planning on going back again. You see everything differently every time you visit anyways I suppose!
 


The shape of the landscape was intriguing, my FMP has an important element of shapes working alongside each other, I can get these shapes from literally anywhere from my pictures and in turn drawings. I am not only drawing florals and foliage but I am drawing absolutely anything I may come across in my searches for primary research for instance these lovely worn in bridges and signs, so natural! I am so happy I spotted that vine wrapped around the tree trunk with ivory growing on it, it's beautiful!
 
I'm off to Bradford tomorrow to visit some Mosques. Wish me luck!
 
L x


No comments:

Post a Comment