Friday 14 March 2014

Happy Friday!

This week has just FLOWN by! I managed to get my hands on my very own copy of Textiles of the Islamic World by John Gillow which I am soooooooo pleased about I can't even tell you! It has so much information and the most beautiful pictures about well, exactly what it says in the name! It's definitely work a look if you're interested or inspired by cultural textiles!
 
 
I have also been experimenting with laser cutting felt to create business cards. I have a few ideas to sample with them so I'll let you know what I do with them next week! I also need to sort out the smaller writing at the bottom so it's more clear to read. Let me know what you think of them!
 
 
I also had my 'big, scary' Progress Tutorial this morning with my tutor Claire Baker (who by the way is a great textile designer herself, I'll add a link to her website to the end of my post so you can have a nosey!) and my course leader Jayne. It's been a big build up of some terror tales from previous years and a few tears from the unlucky first few, so I was pretty nervous.. However, I really enjoyed it! They gave me so much great feedback, refocused me and pushed me to be confident enough to present my work in a professional manner. If you ever have an opportunity of the kind just go for it! I am so shy and always get my words muddled up when I'm under pressure or have to stand up and talk to people, so if I can do it, anyone can!
 
***Check it out!***
 
L x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment